Judging is the Ultimate Gift
The Great Expectations Contest relies on an amazing group of first round judges to give all our contest entrants valuable and supportive feedback. If you are a writer of romance or women's fiction and want to provide help and encouragement to your fellow writers, then we're looking for you!
- Receive entries approximately January 10, 2017
- Return entries when you're done, no later than February 6, 2017
- Sign up to judge 1 to 5 entries --you tell us on the form
- Choose the category and heat level you'd prefer --top three choices on the form
- Entries are no more than 5,000 words
- NO synopsis or blurbs
We ask contestants to define the HEAT level of their 5,000 word entry based on the following:
The heat level should be based on the 5,000 words of their entry even if the rest of the book has a different level of tension, banter or sex. The judging form will ask you which heat level you feel comfortable judging. The form also asks which categories are your preference & which you do not want to judge.
Got a question? Ask our coordinator.