The North Texas Romance Writers of America chapter is proud to announce that the
2016 GREAT EXPECTATIONS CONTEST is open for entries!
The Great Expectations Contest is for unpublished material, to include works from unpublished authors as well as unpublished works from published authors (if you are a published author, please see the 2016 Rules for details.)
Now in its 15th consecutive year, North Texas RWA can help you receive unbiased opinions from three qualified judges on the first 5,000 words of your story. The top four scoring entries (or five, in the event of a tie) will progress to the finalist stage of the contest, where top editors from leading publishing houses will determine the winners.
- 5,000 word entry limit instead of page count
- NO synopsis or blurb (finalists will have the opportunity to include an unjudged synopsis for the editors)
DEADLINES AND FEES
October 1, 2015: Contest opens for entries
October 1, 2015 to midnight (Central Time) December 1, 2015
- $20 per entry for North Texas, DARA, and Yellow Rose Chapter Members of RWA
- $25 per entry for all other contest entrants
Regular Dates and Fees:
December 2, 2015 to midnight (Central Time) January 3, 2016
- $25 per entry for North Texas, DARA, and Yellow Rose Chapter Members of RWA
- $30 per entry for all other contest entrants
Midnight, Central Time, Sunday, January 3, 2016
the Contest Closes for Entries!
Polish up your manuscript and enter today!
Questions? Contact Fenley Grant, at GECoordinator@NTRWA.org